I’ve installed “chromium-snapshot” from Arch’s AUR yesterday (means user contributed, unofficial packages), and I must say it’s come a long way. In the very beginning, this was described by the devs as a 500MB binary that displayed a window. I’m paraphrasing here, but you get the idea. Then it developed into something browserlike, but without tabs, or flash, or stability. Now it has all those things, plus it actually follows your GTK theme. Flash works, albeit a bit buggy. It’s the only thing that has been able to crash a page at this point. The browser itself hasn’t died on me yet.
In fact, the only thing I’ve noticed is that it’s a memory hog of biblical proportions. I have an openbox script that tells me how much memory my applications are using, and if it’s correct, with three tabs open Chromium needs ten processes, consuming 774 MB of RAM. That’s so much it’s hard to believe, and so far my 2GB RAM equipped PC doesn’t have trouble yet, but that rate, it will grind to a halt when I have the usual 5 to 10 tabs open.
In any case, this is of course still alpha software, but it’s advancing fast. Here’s a screenshot: